61. Hydro EnergyTurkey is a adventegeous country in terms of hydro energy. Especially, at the eastern part of Turkey, hydroelectric stations produce great amount of electrical energy. 485 hydroelectric stations are planning to be built to make use of the hydroelectric potential of the rivers.
7AROUND THE WORLD AND TURKEY -COMPARETIVE HYDROELECTRIC POTANTIAL Gross Potantial (GWh/year)Technical Potantial (GWh/year)Economic Potantial (GWh/year)WORLDEUROPETURKEY
92. Geothermal EnergyThe General Directorate of Mineral Research and Exploration of Turkey (MTA) started geothermal investigations in 1962.Up to now 170 geothermal fields have been identified.We use geothermal energy for thermal tourism, greenhouses and to produce electricity.
103. Solar EnergyWe use Solar Collectors to transform solar energy into caloric energy. Tübitak (Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Institution) -Marmara Investigation Centre and some of the universities are working on various solar energy systems.
11Some college students in Turkey designed a car that runs by solar energy. They designed it for the Tübitak’s ((Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Institution) Formula G 2007 competition.
124. Biomass EnergyAgain, Tübitak developed a project about Biomass Energy Systems in 2006 and had students research and study on it. This project also was a succesful one in terms of the usage of this altenrative system.
135. Wave and Tides EnergyMarmara University made a project about wave energy. They calculated the cost and analysised the most suitable region for it.
187. BoronBoron is an element which is widely found in Turkey. We try to develop ideas to transform this element to a common energy resource.The energy produced by Boron does not damage the environment. Under the leadership of Bosphorus University, detailed surveys about this subject were established.
25Precautions in TurkeyThe drivers without an exhaust measurement in their cars are fined.TEMA (Turkey’s Fund for Erosion Prevention, Foresting, Preservation of the Natural Resources) foundation developed a project for recycling paper, batteries and plastics.
27Fixing filters of factories for preventing acid rain. Giving seminars all around Turkey about the significance of the protection of Natural Resources.Issuing project competitions about protecting our environment for encouragement.
28Media publishing related materials to make public more aware. Consuming less water dur to global warming.